The L-8500 OTL/OCL is a world-class, reference level, line-stage preamplifier. It offers unbelievably realistic, holographic sound-staging combined with incredible resolution, clarity, micro-dynamics, and drive. Instrument and vocal tones and timbres are breathtakingly lifelike, and the placement of instruments and bodies in three dimensions startling, life-size, and addictive. The L-8500 OTL/OCL has no voice of its own, none. It is silent, except for the music emanating from the blackest of backgrounds. In addition, the stunningly realistic sonic quality is matched by the simple elegance, flexibility and ergonomic functionality of the L-8500’s casework and connection options. The L-8500 sits below the L- 10000, Allnic Audio’s top OTL/OCL line-stage preamplifier, and the L-9000 OTL/OCL line- stage preamplifier.
In common circuits, output capacitors or output transformers are required to separate the AC music signal from the DC operating potential. If this is not done, the latter will destroy the power amplifier, the loudspeakers, or both. However, these two coupling devices also introduce their own influences on the transmission of the musical signal, adding their own character (coloration), increasing distortion, and consuming small signals, all as predicted by physical efficiency theory. In addition, they also limit signal dynamics. For these reasons, the elimination of output transformers and capacitors has been considered the best solution for the design of the most accurate amplifiers. Removal of these two coupling devices from the signal path achieves the best results possible:
- No coloration of the musical signal
- Extremely detailed expression, natural harmonics and subtle musical decay
- The lowest possible distortion
- The widest musical dynamics
In the L-8500, there is no coupling device between the preamplifier and the power amplifier; that is, the final gain/output tubes are directly connected to the power amplifier. Thus, the benefits listed above are fully present in the Allnic L-8500 preamplifier.
- Minimal negative feedback
- 61 STEP CONSTANT IMPEDANCE BRIDGED TYPE ATTENUATOR – A world’s “first of its kind” for Allnic Audio (Improvement in performance necessitates all N. American units are imported with this volume control.)
- single-ended, Class A operation
- For its balanced (XLR) outputs, permalloy transformers, like those used in Allnic’s transformer-coupled preamplifiers, are employed.
- As are all Allnic Audio products, the L-8500 OTL/OCL is fully RoHS (EU Reduction of Hazardous Substances regulation) compliant in construction and materials.
Allnic L-8500 OTL/OCL Line Stage Preamplifier
Inputs: Line level × 5 pairs:
Balanced (XLR) × 2
Unbalanced (RCA) × 3
Outputs: 3 pairs:
Unbalanced (RCA) × 1 pair
Balanced (XLR) × 2 pair
Input Impedance: 10kΩ Balanced/Unbalanced Frequency Range: 10Hz to 90kHz Voltage Gain: +18dB THD (1kHz): Less than 0.03% (1kHz, 1V RMS) · S/N Ratio: -100dB (CCIR, 1kHz) Maximum Output: 15V RMS (Non-clipping) Output Impedance: 200Ω Power Consumption: 120W at 110/120V (60 Hz)
120W at 220/230V (50 Hz)
Tubes: 6AN8 (no equivalent) x 2 (first gain stage)
12AU7 (equivalent to ECC82, ECC802, B749, CV491, CV4003, 5814, 5963, 6189, 6350, 6680, 7316, 7730) × 2 (second gain stage)
12B4 (12B4A is equivalent) x 4 (third gain stage)
Fuse: 3A/120V; 3A/230V slow blow Tube chimney screws: 2mm Allen head Dimensions: 430mm (16.95 inches) (W)
380mm (15 inches) including handles (D)
160mm (6.3 inches) (H)
Weight: 22 kg (48.4 lbs) unpacked.
27 kg. (59.5 lbs) packed in original shipping material