L-10000 Preamplifier is Direct Coupled OTL/OCL Tube Preamplifier.
OTL/OCL means “Output Transformer Less” and “Output Capacitor Less”.
In OTL/OCL amplifier, there is no coupling device from preamp to power, that is, final output tubes are directly connected to the power amplifier. We need Output Capacitor or Output Transformer for separating AC music signal from DC operating potential, if not, the latter will destroy power amplifier or the loudspeakers. But these two coupling devices are kinds of obstacles on signal transmitting which impart their own charactor (aka color), increase distortion and consume small signal under the physical efficiency theory. In addition, they put a limitation on signal dynamics, so OTL/OCL has been considered the best solution on amplifiers.
- When we can remove these two coupling devices from the signal path we attain the best result.
- No coloration added to musical signal.
- Extremely detailed expression, natural harmonics and subtle musical decay.
- Lowest distortion due to the absence of coupling parts.
- The widest musical dynamics.
- Some circuit experts could worry about DC potential in the music signal. Allnic uses “the floating power supply circuit” which does not make any DC potential.
OTL/OCL circuit is basically SEPP, “Single Ended Push Pull”, so we need a ” cancellation circuit” which adjusts the balance of signal between upper and lower power output tubes’ input grid.
Newly developed 61 STEP CONSTANT IMPEDANCE BRIDGED TYPE ATTENUATOR, a world premiere, is installed inside, which contributes to L-10000’s different dimensional sound.
Allnic uses the most sophisticated "Active Balanced Positive and Negative Feedback Circuit", in which the penthode of 6AN8 controls perfectly the current with extremely low distortion and with the highest speed, creating a dynamic response unlike any other linestage commercially manufactured to date.
- Input Impedance: 10 k ohms( RCA, XLR)
- Frequency Range: 5 Hz to 100 kHz
- Voltage gain: +18dB
- THD( 1kHz, 1V RMS) : less 0.03%
- S/N ratio: -90dB
- Maximum Output: 20V RMS( non clipping)
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Power consumption: 120W (230V 50/60 Hz)
- Tubes: 300B x4, 6AN8x2, 12AU7x2
- Fuse: 3A/230v, 5A/120V
- Dimension: 430mmx450mmx280mm WDH
- Weight: 22kg/net