In network play using computer streaming, the sound is rough due to noise, and above all, the musicality is poor. That's why computer streaming with better digital specs isn't as musical as a CD.
The harm in sound quality caused by noise generated from computers, hubs (router), and SMPS power supply is no longer necessary to explain the sound quality change due to noise removal. The WSmarthub 3.0 is a device that allows you to hear clear sound by removing noise transmitted through a network cable. The WSmarthub, WSmarthub 2.0, and WSmarthub 3.0, armed with more advanced new technology, fundamentally solve network noise and enjoy excellent sound quality.
Waversa’s LAN Noise Isolator, WLAN-EXT1, is gaining popularity. It is well-received as a product that creates amazing musicality in the digital domain by removing noise using an electromagnetic field. Then you may be wondering what is the difference between the WSmarthub 3.0 and WLANEXT1. Of course, this part is quoted again from the WLAN-EXT1 description page. If the WSmarthub brings changes to the overall structure, the W LAN-EXT1 can be said to express the sophistication of the interior of the structure.
W LAN-EXT1 EMI/RFI/Impulse Noise
Audio is very susceptible to noise. There are various noises that adversely affect sound quality, but noises that greatly affect computer streaming include EMI, RFI, and Impulse Noise.
Its main role is to block EMI noise transmitted through cables such as the WSmarthub or WRouter. RFI noise is noise that effects cables. In other words, if EMI noise affecting the inside of the cable is captured with the WSmarthub 3.0, and noise that affects the outside of the cable is removed with W LAN-EXT1, the highest level of digital audio quality can be realized.
Waversa Smarthub V3.0
Independently developed Gigabit Switching Hub 4 ports, USB 1+2 ports
W SmartHub 3.0 is fundamentally different from an audio hub made by processing only the power supply and chassis of a general hub. It is a product designed by Waversa's own technology, from motherboard design to noise removal by ultra-low impedance lithium-ion battery power supply, high-precision audio grade clock, self-developed chip, and network management.
Ultra-low noise design
1. 4 Bank, 4 x 18650 Li-ion battery realizes NOISE FREE The biggest noise source of a regular switching hub is a low-cost SMPS power adapter. W SmartHub's internal power is 100% battery operated. The lithium-ion battery not only suppresses its own noise generation with its excellent power supply capability, ultra-low impedance, and ultra-low noise, but also removes noise coming through the network cable, resulting in excellent sound quality.
2. Minimized jitter by adopting audio grade high-precision clock
Most of the common hubs employ low-cost crystal oscillator clocks. Clocks are divided into crystal oscillators, crystal oscillators, MEMS, OCXOs, etc. Naturally, the further back you go, the more sophisticated and expensive it becomes. As we all know, clocks are very important in digital audio. The WSmartHub 3.0 is designed to provide excellent performance by minimizing jitter generation by adopting a high-precision OCXO clock (WSmarthub 2.0 MEMS clock), which is used only in high-end DACs
The crystal oscillator method applies electricity to a crystal to generate a clock using the vibrating property. High-speed operation is impossible, the change is large according to temperature, and the clock itself vibrates. The OCXO clock employed in WSmartHub 3.0 utilizes the phenomenon that the semiconductor vibrates due to the generation of an electromagnetic signal, and operates much more precisely, has less displacement due to temperature, and almost no self-oscillation.
3. Realization of vibration, heat dissipation, and shielding through aluminum uni-body chassis. Aluminum uni-body has a higher manufacturing cost than anything else. The WSmartHub 3.0 uses a whole aluminum unibody cutting case, which is precisely manufactured as a Waversa product. The advantage of an aluminum unibody is that it has excellent effects in low vibration, heat dissipation and shielding.
4. Minimize all areas that generate noise, such as not using LED indicators. A typical hub has an LED for each port to show data traffic status. But from an audio point of view, this is also noise. The WSmartHub did not use any LED indicators considering this part. It is designed with the smallest details in mind for sound quality.
Modern Ethernet switches and Renderers
You can set speed adjustment and traffic control for each Ethernet port, and you can turn off ports that are not in use, significantly reducing battery usage and blocking noise transmitted to adjacent ports in advance. You can set the Ethernet port through WRemote
Display to check all status
In the previous version, you could only check the voltage of the battery, but from 3.0, you can also check the status of the Ethernet port, so you can intuitively check whether the port is communicating normally or not in use through the icon, so you can check the Ethernet port and battery voltage at a glance.
Changed battery operation
• Adoption of 18650 lithium-ion battery
• Extended Li-ion Battery Efficiency and Lifespan with 4 Bank Expansion
• Block the source of noise by changing the battery switching part from a relay to a MOSFET In the two-bank method, four batteries were required as one bank per two batteries was used. When one bank is in operation, two batteries are used, reducing the lifespan of the batteries and increasing the replacement cycle. This time, with the upgrade to 3.0, it was changed to a 4-bank method and consisted of one bank per battery. This allows only two batteries to function normally
Application of an OCXO clock
• The highest-grade OCXO clock is applied for better performance.
New Powersupply redesign
• WLPS filter part technology applied
• Switch to linear power when all batteries are discharged Power supply: External SMPS When the battery is discharged: Inoperable Power supply: WLPS power supply When the battery is discharged: Switch to the linear power supply / Battery discharge notification
Provides various information and the latest Ethernet switch (Managed)
• Front display information window of various information
• Modern Ethernet Switch (Managerd
• Speed control by port, On/Off, Traffic Control Smarthub 3.0 is larger than the existing Smarthub. It is larger in size and heavier due to internal design changes and adoption of 4Bank 18650 Li-ion batteries.
WSmarthub main features
• Waversa 100% self-developed, ultra-low noise design gigabit switching hub 4 ports
• USB hub function 2 ports (USB-DAC noise cancellation)
• Minimizes jitter by adopting audio-grade high-precision clock
• 4x battery operation realizes ultra-low impedance, NOISE FREE
• Realisation of vibration, heat dissipation, and shielding through aluminum unibody chassis.
• Fundamentally removes all noise-generating parts, such as not using LED indicators.
• Realizes pure signal transmission by removing noise over network or USB
• Automatic charging/discharging system that can be used 365 days a year (Internal battery operation. External power is for battery charging and front LCD panel driving)
• Front full graphic display - displays various information such as network status, battery status, etc. Smarthub 3.0 major upgrade
Completely new design
• Adoption of 18650 batteries ( 4-bank )
o Extended Li-ion battery efficiency and lifespan by expanding to 4 banks
o Block the source of noise by changing the battery switching part from a relay to a MOSFET
• Apply OCXO clock
• Reinforcement of power supply
o WLPS filter part technology applied
o Switch to linear power when all batteries are discharged
• Modern Ethernet Switch (Managed)
o Speed control by port, on/off, data traffic Control
• Renderer support
o Roon Ready (planned), WNDR, DLNA
o Roon Ready network renderer function when connected to USB-DAC (to be supported in the future)