The newest amplifier to the Allnic family is the A-2500, a pure SET design. It has a completely different circuit design from the former A-311M, featuring a new interstage transformer and larger power transformers on the stronger 2500 chassis platform. At 20W SET, these will be the go-to amplifier for any speaker of 90 dB or greater efficiency. The A-2500 is very spacious and outstandingly musical and emotionally engaging. And - the bass presentation in no way left me wanting. The 845’s low-frequency robustness is on par with my favorite power tube’s, the PX25..
A-2500 Monoblock Amplifier (Configuration at the factory only):
211 - 1st Stage 6CM7, 5R4WGA Rectifier and 211 x 1. 20W Continuous
Pure SET design.
845 - 1st Stage 6DR7, 5R4WGA Rectifier and 845 x 1. 20W Continuous
Pure SET design.
With the individual tube biasing, pairing is not necessary. Allnic circuit designs do not overdrive their tubes, and they tend to last a very long time. The M-2500 and A-2500 amps appear to retain this benefit.
To give you at least a rough idea of which of the “2500” monoblock amps might suit your requirements, you can find a handy calculator for amplifier power requirements for various speaker sensitivities and SPL at:
Whatever choice you make, I am convinced you won’t be disappointed. Both monoblock amplifiers are available with approximately a two-week lead time to delivery. Introductory Price: $18,000 USD.
Allnic A-2500- S.E.T Monoblock Amplifer with either 845 or 211 tube
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE A-2500 SINGLE-ENDED TRIODE MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIER
• Output Power: 211 or 845: 20 watts
• Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.3% at 5W/1KHz
• Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20KHz, +/- 0.5dB
• S/N Ratio: -80dB (CCIR, 1KHz)
• Damping Factor: 4 at 8Ω load at 1KHz • Voltage gain: +28dB • Input Impedance: 100KΩ (single-ended, unbalanced)
• Input Sensitivity: 0.7V for maximum rated power
• Fuses: IEC Mains: For 110 – 120V AC regions 5A, 250V, 20mm slow-blow; For 210 – 230V AC regions: 3A, 250V 20mm slow-blow. 0.5A, 250V, 20mm slow-blow (211/845 protection)
• Tubes (per chassis): 211/845 X 1 (power tube) 6CM7 X 1 for 211 version; 6DR7 X 1 for 845 version (input stage) 5R4 X 1 (rectifier) TUBES ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE BETWEEN 211/845 VERSIONS (except 5R4 rectifier)
• Dimensions: (W x D x H) 440mm (17.3 inches) x 370mm (14.6 inches) X 260mm (10.3 inches)
• Weight: 20Kg (44.1 lbs) net per monoblock. 25Kg (55 lbs) shipping weight per monoblock